Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Button Wednesday : Cork Buttons



It is Wednesday again, so it's BUTTON DAY on my blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I saw these cork buttons of oritdotan on Etsy and I like them very much. I have always liked cork; it's warm, soft and natural. Why did I not think about cork buttons before ?


So, I searched a bit further, and found that a firm called Pink Paislee makes cork buttons, of which Danielle Flanders made a lovely button bracelet.



Amy Kate gives a terrific tutorial on her blog "casa in the country" to make your own cork buttons from wine corks. I am certainly going to try that !!



These ones are from thedailymarker on Flickr and she distressed them to a get a dark color; lovely !


You can also paint them like Tracy did (alias ccyytt on Flickr).


And this last photo shows some ingenious cork buttons by The Knitting Physicist; it's a great tutorial ! Will try that soon too....



Have you seen a lovely, beautiful, stunning, crazy button or button-related thingy, or did you make something with a button / buttons, or did you even make buttons yourself, blog about it on your blog on Wednesday, and give the link here in the comments so that everybody can enjoy it !!

3 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

the champagne button is just great indeed ! Have you typed "button" in on www.pinterest.com ...
prachtige dingen te vinden !

oritdotandolls said...

Hya
Thanks lots for featuring my shop in this beautiful featture
Cheers!
Orit

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you for featuring me! I love the cork buttons, so unique!
Danielle